Search This Blog

Sunday 09 September

A large beautiful hall poster
painted by the students
A closer detail of the poster
showing additional work by
the painters
Not much happening today, apart from preparing for another week of classes.

I mentioned earlier about the painters and their cavalier attitude to the risk of paint splatter.

These craftsmen are afraid of nothing, and the fact that curtains may still be hanging when they paint the walls and ceilings, or furniture is still in place presents no impediment to them.

My dining/office area
Well my rooms are no exception. So I put my newly acquired paint scraper and solvent to use by cleaning dribbled paint and masking tape adhesive off the floor and walls – at least I started in one room.

Start scraping
This task may take some time, but I do have enough time before Frances arrives to visit in December.

Call me obsessive, but a polished tile floor with crap stuck on it just asks for attention.

To all my Dutch friends, you will be pleased to know that I cleaned the windows as well.

PS: Ed, this story is for you.











About Me

My photo
This blog has been set up to share information with relatives, friends and colleagues.