Search This Blog

Friday 04 January

It’s finally started snowing after a few days of overnight temperatures dropping below zero. 

It was exciting to wake up and see snow just starting to cover the ground. It was a little less exciting to almost fall over on the icy path as I headed off at 7:45 to my first class. 

It was pretty cold and snowing but at the same time exhilarating.

View from my balcony - today
View from my balcony - in summer


Students enjoying the snow
The classroom was bitterly cold when I arrived, but slowly warmed as the students filed in, and by the time the room was full and the door closed, the temperature became bearable. 

The weather today
The mood was good, because although it was cold, the students were excited that the snow had finally arrived.

This is the last week of teaching before the exams and there is definitely a different feeling in the air – and not just the cold. 

I have arranged to conduct the oral exams in a slightly heated office area so it should be bearable for both the students and me.

Unfortunately the snow is not expected to last – although the cold is. Well, it was almost a white Christmas.

About Me

My photo
This blog has been set up to share information with relatives, friends and colleagues.